“Liftoff Houston!” was announced for the second year today. Houston start your business plans!
Houston will be holding it’s 2nd annual business plan competition later this year with over $30,000 in prizes at stake. According to Liftoff Houston’s Website:
This year there will be three award categories: Product, Service, and Innovation.
- $10,000 – Awarded for top “Product” Based Business Plan (Retail, resale, merchandise, etc.)
- $10,000 – Awarded for top “Service” Based Business Plan (Food, labor, consulting, etc.)
- $10,000 – Awarded for top “Innovation” Based Business Plan (Software, Hardware, inventions, new market businesses, etc.)
The purpose of the competition is to fire up Houstonians who are seeking to start a new business in the city. The Liftoff Houston competition will be providing contestants with the necessary help to develop a solid business plan of course, as it will also be quite a learning opportunity for some no doubt.
Here are some important things to note:
- Registration opens June 11, 2014
- The competition place over a five-month period and will include four stages (Orientation, Workshop, Mentor, and Business Pitch).
- To be eligible, applicants must be in their first year of a for-profit business, with less than $10,00 of revenue operating inside the city limits
Houston, being as technology focused as it is, will certainly show up with some great ideas and business plans to back them up. Mobile, web and related software will no doubt a theme of some of the startups as well, fueled by recently applicants to the Houston City Hackathon.
Houston Public Library and Capital One will be sponsoring the Liftoff Houston 2014 event, including the $30,000 prize obviously so show up and win big!